SAP Privacy Statement
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
When does this Privacy Statement apply?
Data Controller. The data controller of alumni.sap.com is SAP SE, Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany (“SAP”). The SAP Group’s data protection officer is Mathias Cellarius (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What does SAP do with my Personal Data? SAP will process your name, email address, profile picture, gender, date of birth, professional experience, education and skills (your “the Personal Data”) provided hereunder only as set out in this Privacy Statement. Further information can be found in Sections B. and C. below. Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on a statutory permission, you can find information on which Personal Data SAP is processing or using for which purposes in Section B below. Where consent for the processing of your Personal Data is required you can find further information in Section C. below.
Duration of processing of Personal Data. Where SAP is processing and using your Personal Data as permitted by law (see B. below) or under your consent (see C. below), SAP will store your Personal Data (i) only for as long as is required to fulfil the purposes set out below or (ii) until you object to SAP’s use of your Personal Data (where SAP has a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data), or (iii) until you withdraw your consent (where you consented to SAP using your Personal Data). However, where SAP is required by mandatory law to retain your Personal Data longer or where your Personal Data is required for SAP to assert or defend against legal claims, SAP will retain your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
Why am I required to provide Personal Data? As a general principle, your granting of any consent and your provision of any Personal Data hereunder is entirely voluntary. SAP Alumni Network needs your data to provide you:
- access to SAP Alumni Plattform to network with other SAP Alumni
- invitations for exclusive SAP Alumni Events
- information of interest for SAP Alumni via newsletters
- information about job opportunities and consulting work
- messaging between members of the SAP Alumni Network
There are no detrimental effects on you if choose not to consent or to provide Personal Data. However, without certain Personal Data you will not be able to access the member directory, the non-public web offering or newsletter. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for SAP to provide you with what you request without the relevant Personal Data.
Where will my Personal Data be processed?
As part of a global group of companies, SAP has affiliates and third-party service providers within as well as outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). As a consequence, whenever SAP is using or otherwise processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, SAP may transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of the EEA including to such countries in which a statutory level of data protection applies that is not comparable to the level of data protection within the EEA. Whenever such transfer occurs, it is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (according to EU Commission Decision 87/2010/EC or any future replacement) in order to contractually provide that your Personal Data is subject to a level of data protection that applies within the EEA. You may obtain a redacted copy (from which commercial information and information that is not relevant has been removed) of such Standard Contractual Clauses by sending a request to email@example.com. Data subjects’ rights. You can request from SAP at any time information about which Personal Data SAP has about you and the correction or deletion of such Personal Data (whereby SAP can only delete your Personal Data if there is no statutory contradicting obligation to retain it). Kindly note that if SAP deletes your Personal Data, you will be no longer able to access SAP Alumni Network. Furthermore, you can request from SAP that SAP restricts your Personal Data from any further processing in any of the following events: (i) you state that the Personal Data SAP has about you is incorrect, however, only for as long as SAP requires to check the accuracy of the relevant Personal Data, (ii) there is no legal basis for SAP processing your Personal Data and you demand that SAP blocks your Personal Data from further processing or (iii) SAP does not longer require your Personal Data but you claim that you require such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims or or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your Personal Data by SAP (based on SAP’s legitimate interest as further set out in Section B. below) for as long as it is required to review as to whether SAP has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your Personal Data. However, where SAP is required by mandatory law to retain your Personal Data
If SAP uses your Personal Data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you, you may further request from SAP a copy of the Personal Data that you have provided to SAP. In this case, please contact the email address below and specify the information or processing activities to which your request relates, the format in which you would like this information, and whether the Personal Data is to be sent to you or another recipient. SAP will carefully consider your request and discuss with you how it can best fulfill it. Please direct any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to lodge a complaint. If you believe that SAP is not processing your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements set out herein or applicable EEA data protection laws, you can at any time, lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the EEA country in which you live or with the data protection authority of the country or state in which SAP has its registered seat.
Use of this website by children. This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 years. If you are younger than 16, you may not register with or use this website.
Links to other websites. This website may contain links to foreign (meaning non-SAP Group companies) websites. SAP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites outside the SAP Group of companies. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements of such foreign sites.
B. WHERE SAP USES MY PERSONAL DATA BASED ON THE LAW
In the following cases, SAP is permitted to process your Personal Data under the applicable data protection law.
What data do we process when you visit SAP Alumni Network?
Participation in Questionnaires and Surveys
SAP may invite you to participate in questionnaires and surveys. These questionnaires and surveys will be generally designed in a way that they can be answered without any Personal Data. If you nonetheless enter Personal Data in a questionnaire or survey, SAP may use such Personal Data to improve its products and services.
Kindly note that any such use of your Personal Data for the purposes set out above is based on SAP’s legitimate interest to properly conduct its business and thereby fulfill its business purposes, in particular to
- get general feedback about services and offerings from SAP Alumni Program
- get suggestions for improvements
- understand motivation and intention of SAP Alumni to be part of SAP Alumni Network
- get insights into structure and demographics of SAP Alumni community
- SAP only shares information about vacant job positions on the Alumni Portal as part of the Family Placement Program. SAP does not act as a recruitment agency and is not responsible for any employment-related decisions made on the basis of the job information published on the Alumni Portal.
- SAP is not responsible for the content posted and, does not check the accuracy of the content or its relevance under criminal and civil law.
- SAP checks the activation period entered by the user for each post and reserves the right to shorten it, without discussion, if it appears unreasonably long.
- SAP has the right to refrain from working with participants and/or from publishing job postings if they are not sufficiently consistent with the current focus of the Family Placement Program and/or with the competitive positioning of SAP.
- SAP reserves the right to delete job postings without providing reasons for doing so.
- SAP has the right to terminate its collaboration with individual participants without notice and at any time.
- SAP has the right to stop the Family Placement Program at any time and without notice.
- If demand is greater than expected, SAP reserves the right to restrict and, where necessary, significantly delay its responses to requests and the activation of posts submitted for publishing. All requests and posts submitted for publishing are processed in the order in which they are received.
- As previously stated, this service is free of charge during the current pilot phase of the Family Placement Project. However, SAP reserves the right to charge a fee for this service in the medium term.
Right to object
You can at any time object against SAP’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose by sending an email to email@example.com. In this case, SAP will carefully review any such objection and cease further use of the relevant information, unless SAP can claim compelling legitimate grounds for the use of the information, which override your interest in objecting or if SAP requires the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
C. WHERE SAP USES MY PERSONAL DATA BASED ON MY CONSENT
In the following cases SAP will only use your Personal Data as further detailed below after you have granted your prior consent into the relevant processing operations.
Creating user profiles. As an essential element of the SAP Alumni Network you are required to register and create a user profile. User profiles provide the option to display personal information about you to other users, including but not limited to your name, photo, social media accounts, email address, telephone number, personal interests, skills, and basic information about your company.
Kindly note that without your consent for SAP Alumni Network to create such user profiles SAP will not be in a position to offer you the services described above of SAP Alumni Network.
Within the SAP Alumni Network beyond the mere provision of access your profile is used to personalize interaction with you:
- Interaction with other members of SAP Alumni Network like messaging
- Communication from SAP to you like newsletters, invitations for Alumni events, information about job opportunities or consulting work
- Interaction with your current and future employer
- Foster communication between the Alumni community
To the greatest extent supported by the SAP Alumni Network you can use the functionality of the SAP Alumni Network to determine which information you want to share.
“Social login” is an addition to the conventional login option on SAP Alumni Network. Instead of using your SAP Alumni credentials, you select your favorite network (LinkedIn or Facebook) with which you would like to identify yourself to SAP Alumni.
When you click on one of the buttons, a window of the selected network opens to ask if you consent to SAP Alumni Network accessing your personal profile. Depending on the network, you are also told which information in your profile we will have access to as soon as you provide your consent.
Revocation of a consent granted hereunder. You may withdraw your consent for SAP to process your Personal Data as stated herein at any time. Once you assert this right, SAP will not process your Personal Data any longer unless legally required to do so. However, any withdrawal has no effect on past processing by SAP up to the point in time of your withdrawal. Please direct any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org